The way you look on the outside says a lot about who you are on the inside.
That’s what beautiful Fitness Model and Muscle Sophie Arvebrink thinks.
Most of us probably hope not, given the way we may have looked at certain times in our lives. Even celebrities caught off guard and photographed without knowing it, don’t always look like, well….celebrities. They look a little more like us.
I sure hope not given the way I have looked at certain times in my life but if I’m honest, it was probably a fairly accurate reflection.
Let’s face it. There are accepted perks to being good looking.
We assume that good-looking people are smarter and more effective than they really are, and that homely people are the reverse.….James Surowiecki
Here are a few sobering statistics according to the government site:
- Only one in three children are physically active every day.
- Less than 5% of adults participate in 30 minutes of physical activity each day; only one in three adults receive the recommended amount of physical activity each week.
- Only 35 – 44% of adults 75 years or older are physically active, and 28-34% of adults ages 65-74 are physically active.
- More than 80% of adults do not meet the guidelines for both aerobic and muscle-strengthening activities, and more than 80% of adolescents do not do enough aerobic physical activity to meet the guidelines for youth.
- In 2013, research found adults in the following states to be most likely to report exercising 3 or more days a week for at least 30 minutes: Vermont (65.3%), Hawaii (62.2%), Montana (60.1%), Alaska (60.1%). The least likely were Delaware (46.5%), West Virginia (47.1%) and Alabama (47.5%). The national average for regular exercise is 51.6%.
- Children now spend more than seven and a half hours a day in front of a screen (e.g., TV, videogames, computer).
- Nationwide, 25.6% of persons with a disability reported being physically inactive during a usual week, compared to 12.8% of those without a disability.
- Only about one in five homes have parks within a half-mile, and about the same number have a fitness or recreation center within that distance.
- Only 6 states (Illinois, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New York and Vermont) require physical education in every grade, K-12.
- 28.0% of Americans, or 80.2 million people, aged six and older are physically inactive.
- Nearly one-third of high school students play video or computer games for 3 or more hours on an average school day.
Okay Sophie, you have a point.
Good-looking people with strong, fluoridated teeth get things handed to them on platters…….Douglas Coupland
Sophie Arvebrink is not only a great Fitness Model and Instructor, apparently she is a wise philosopher as well.
Aren’t Sophie’s shoulders to die for?
Sophie has a special focus and fondness for shoulder development. She smiles at bodybuilding.com, “I think shoulders are, aesthetically speaking, the most appealing muscle group on the human body. Strong words, I know, but well-defined shoulders have the power to make a good physique look great. They’re like mountains on the horizon of a beautiful landscape—they complete the entire picture.
My five-exercise shoulder workout hits all three of your deltoid heads and doesn’t waste time with unnecessary exercises. Instead of jumping around between an endless string of movement variations, I concentrate on these few gems because I can really achieve a strong mind-muscle connection, go to failure, and get the most bang for my buck.
When I train shoulders, I make sure I train each part of the shoulders thoroughly. Front deltoids, side delts, and rear delts are equally important to balanced shoulders. After hitting all three heads with a heavy compound lift, this workout activates and builds one deltoid head at a time.”
It wasn’t always that way.
She explains at realfemalebodybuilding.com, “I remember the first time I walked into the gym. I was scared, I was skinny, and I was ashamed. I thought it was so embarrassing. The only thing I saw in the mirror was a tiny little girl and untrained.”
Apparently Sophie was so moved by that image that she was determined to do something about it. Give her credit. She is now a work of art. You can follow her and see her photos on her Instagram at http://ink361.com/app/users/ig-186569228/sophiearvebrink/photos
She even has suggestions on enjoyable dining. http://sophie.fitnessguru.com/diet-and-grocery-shopping
Our beautiful princess is from Stockholm, Sweden.
In a March 2014 study, according to http://www.thelocal.se a Swedish news source, “Swedes work out more than any other Europeans do – at least if they are truthful about their exercise habits in the new Eurobarometer poll.”
Hey we believe them. Have you ever known a Swede to lie?
The report continues, “Seven out of ten Swedes reported hitting the gym or engaging in a bit of sport weekly, putting them high-up among their fellow Scandinavians who appear to work out much more than their southern neighbors – 78 percent of polled Bulgarians said they never exercise at all, with the Maltese not far behind at a 64 percent.
When it came to being active as a volunteer in sports clubs and actives, the Swedes beat their neighbors by far. One in five say they volunteer – whether it be Zamboni duties at the ice rink or coaching volleyball juniors. The Dutch, Danes, and Irish were runners-up at 18, 18 and 15 percent respectively.”
Oh well. What are the rest of us non-Swedes to do? Some might say the Swedes tend to be better looking than everyone else and they exercise more than the rest of us as well.
Maybe there is a connection.
Good-looking individuals are treated better than homely ones in virtually every social situation, from dating to trial by jury. If everyday experience hasn’t convinced you of this, there’s research that will……..Martha Beck
One thing is for certain, we are very glad that we made an electronic connection with Sophie Arvebrink. She is passionate about what she does, has a lot of friends and a wonderful life philosophy.
She absolutely looks great on the outside and everything that we have researched, she is nice and supremely wonderful on the inside too.
~ ~ ~
Sources: brainyquote.com, Wikipedia, fciwomenswrestling2.com, FCI Elite Competitor, photos thank you Wikimedia Commons.